Location, Dates & Times
City Centre Musical Productions is excited to present THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW at Meadowvale Theatre on March 8-17, 2024. Please note that this show is Rated R and does include intense adult themes in language, costumes, and scenes portrayed, that may be uncomfortable or offensive for some people. Please research the show and ensure that you are comfortable with the content before signing up to audition. Auditions are inclusive to everyone 18 years and older. Review the roles available and choose one that is right for you.
USHERETTE/MAGENTA: Female presenting, Age Flexible (Range: Mezzo Soprano Belt, Bb3-Eb5)
One of Frank’s servants. Magenta is a domestic from the planet Transsexual, in the galaxy Transylvania. Her job I simple, keep the castle clean and prepare all meals, and wait on Frank hand and foot. She caters tig us evert whim. Magenta is not afraid to put her foot down to get her point across and will be pushy or rude to get what she wants.
BRAD: Male presenting, 20s-40s (Range: Bari Tenor, Bb2-G4)
Quirky, but very much in love with his fiancé, Janet. Overly optimistic at times. All-American man who proposes to his girlfriend Janet Weiss. However, on the way to meet his old friend and science teacher, Dr. Scott Brad Majors ends up with a flat tire on his car. He soon finds himself at the mercy of Dr. Frank N Furter, his servants, and ends up confused over his own sexuality after the events in the castle.
JANET: Female presenting, 18-30s (Range: Mezzo Soprano Belt, A3-Eb5)
Good, innocent girl who is madly in love with Brad. Always seems to be frightened of something. Keeps losing more of her clothes throughout the story. Emotionally weak and caves into pressure easily. During her time at the castle, she has sex with both Frank N Furter and Rocky…the latter prompting pure rage from the former. In the end, she is also confused about what has occurred, but also realizes the benefits of living a sexually active life.
NARRATOR: Male presenting, Age Flexible (Non-Singing Role)
Guides us through the show in a dry, British-humour-inspired manner, a unique speaking voice is an asset, must have a commanding presence and ability to improvise.
RIFF RAFF: Male presenting, Age flexible (Range: High Rock Tenor, D3-B4)
Frank’s personal butler, Riff Raff is a shady character who seems to be up to something. In the end, he kills Frank, Rocky, and Columbia before he and his sister Magenta return to their home planet of Transsexual Transylvania.
COLUMBIA: Female presenting, Age Flexible (Range: Mezzo Soprano Belt, E4-E5)
One of Frank’s servants. A groupie who is both Frank’s and Eddie’s ex-girlfriend. She starts off as being extremely loyal to Frank, then, she quickly realizes that he’s simply using her and turns on him. In the end, she’s killed by Riff Raff. Tap dancing skills are an asset.
FRANK 'N' FURTER: Male presenting Transvestite, Stage age 20-50 (Range: Baritone, D3-G4)
Master of the castle and of seduction. Welcomes Janet and Brad with open arms. Frank is a mad scientist bent on creating the “perfect man which he succeeds in doing so by creating Rocky. He is something of the antagonist, causing all sorts of trouble for Brad and Janet. In the end, he’s killed by Riff Raff.
ROCKY: Male presenting stage age 20-30s. Very fit, (Range: Tenor, A3-G4)
Sexually appealing with prominent muscles. Frank’s magnificent creation, Rocky is supposed to be the “perfect man”. However, things don’t go well when Janet seduces him causing Frank to go into a jealous rage. In the end, he’s killed by Riff Raff while mourning the loss of Frank and trying to escape.
EDDIE/DR. SCOTT: Male presenting, Age flexible, (Range: Baritone, E3-F#4)
A former delivery boy who was Columbias ex-boyfriend. Half of his brain was used to create Rocky. After escaping from the freezer (and singing a song), Eddie is promptly killed by Frank. Dr. Scott is Brad’s former science teacher and close friend. He ends up at the castle while looking for his nephew, Eddie.
10-12 PHANTOMS/TRANSYLVANIANS (SATB) – 5-6 male presenting, 5-6 female presenting
Various Singers. Dancing skills an asset.
Have you ever wanted to do the time warp on stage? Now is your chance!
All candidates who would like to be considered for a role in CCMP's show must be18 years old and audition with prepared songs and will be required to participate in a dance call.
- Please prepare a cut of approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute of 1 song in the style of the show, but not from the show itself. (pop-rock, contemporary).
- Your song choice should reflect your vocal range.
- Please bring sheet music (preferably double-sided in a binder) in the correct key for the accompanist.
- While working with the accompanist is preferred, we will accept pre-recorded piano accompaniment tracks (No background vocals or other instruments please).
- If you use piano tracks, please bring your own device and speaker with your tracks ready to go. The track must be edited to match what you are singing. We will have one Bluetooth speaker for your use, if needed.
- If you have any questions or concerns about finding sheet music for your songs, choosing the correct key etc., please do not hesitate to contact our producers via email, and our Musical Director will be happy to assist.
Dance Call Requirements
- You will attend that day’s dance workshop before or after your audition slot where the choreographer will teach you a dance routine.
- Call times are 7:50-8:15 PM and 8:40-9:00 PM
- You will be able to choose the dance call time closest to your audition when you book.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes appropriate for the 20-minute dance movement portion of the audition and remember to have fun!
- Please ensure you list an accurate email address and phone number on your audition form so we can contact you with results.
SIGN UP FOR YOUR AUDITION
To book your audition, go to www.ccmpmusic.com/auditions and scroll to the bottom of the page then select the date and 5-minute time slot from the available listed on the table. Please fill in the mandatory questions to complete sign up. We will use this information to contact you about casting choices following the auditions so PLEASE make sure to use the best phone number and email to reach you at.
You will receive a confirmation email after your Audition is booked. If you have any questions about our processes or have difficulties booking your audition, please reach out to us at email@example.com
More information and online bookings available at www.ccmpmusic.com/auditions
In this cult classic, sweethearts Brad and Janet, stuck with a flat tire during a storm, discover the eerie mansion of Dr. Frank-N-Furter. As their innocence is lost, Brad and Janet meet a houseful of wild characters, including a rocking biker and a creepy butler. Through elaborate dances and rock songs, Frank-N-Furter unveils his latest creation: a muscular man named "Rocky." Rated R 18+
This notice was provided to ACT-CO by
City Centre Musical Productions
To verify correctness, please contact them directly.